For a healthy and easy to cook meal fit for summer, try this dish. The tomato and mint in this dish makes it vibrant and the crumbled feta gives it a Greek flavour. Do add less feta if you like it more tomato-ey.
COD WITH TOMATO AND FETA
adapted from Saveur
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, minced
- 1 tbsp. tomato sauce
- 1 cup fish stock (1 bouillon)
- 2 dried chilli (crushed into flakes)
- 4 large tomatoes, grated
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 350g cod fish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g feta
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Place cod skin side down on the hot pan and cook until crisp. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté garlic and scallions until soft and fragrant.
- Stir in the chilli flakes, grated tomatoes and tomato sauce. Reduce heat until slightly thickened.
- Crumble feta over the top then stir in chopped mint and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cod skin side up on the bed of tomatoes. Let the the sauce simmer and until the cod is cooked.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the top, plate and garnish with parsley or mint.
- If you don’t have fresh tomatoes, you can always use canned tomatoes.
- This dish can be served with rice, potatoes or steamed vegetables for a lighter option.