Making this is easier than you think. All the ingredients cook really quickly so timing is crucial. Clean and cook the rice first as that will take longer to cook. Then chop all ingredients and set aside on a plate. This will make a quick and hot meal for when it is cold outside. Enjoy!
SPICY BACON AND MUSHROOM SOUPY RICE
- Cooked rice enough for two
- 2 flat mushroom, cut into 8 each
- 6 chestnut mushroom, quartered
- 1 banana shallot, chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 100g bacon, cubed
- light soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 200ml water
- Fry the bacon on a small heated pot without oil until crispy.
- Toss in the shallots and chilli. Cook until shallot becomes translucent.
- Add the mushrooms into pot and cook until softened.
- Pour water into pot and let boil. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Scoop some rice into a bowl and ladle the soup over the rice.
- If you have dried porcini mushroom, add in a little to give the soup a more intense and earthier flavour.
- You can also add in some leftover pork or chicken you have in the refrigerator.