While we were planning for our trip to India for a friend’s wedding, we were overwhelmed by the visa application mainly because the official website did not have very clear instructions. What should be a simple and quick process seemed daunting then. So I have simplified the process for those of you applying for Indian tourist visa from the UK who have resided here for at least 2 years.
How to apply for Indian tourist visa
- Visit the India Visa Online website
- Click on ‘Online Visa Registration Application’
- Fill in online application form, check and submit.
- Print out form, sign and date.
- Pay online.
- Print Declaration Form & Sign
- Print Visa Checklist
- Compile all relevant documents as per checklist and post to address below via Royal Mail Special Delivery:
India Visa Application Centre
Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 0JN
- Now wait for your passport with approved visa through the post.
- It took us about a week to recieve our passport from the day it was mailed. Note: This was application for anyone who has resided in the UK for more than two years so it will be different otherwise.
- For more information about applying Indian Visa, please click here. This is a very useful website.
Vaccination at a NHS clinic is free so make use of it. Make an appointment with a nurse at the clinic you are registered to, at least a month ahead of your travel date. Types of vaccination will depend on each individual. Some vaccination is a course so you will be needed to be back for a week or two after the first jab.