I was not a big cheese fan but camembert, I love! Since I moved to England, I am starting to like cheese a lot more than I used to. But of course, anything mature is still too over powering for my liking. Although, I might change my mind as I mature myself as I used to hate goats cheese but now, I like it especially with watermelon. My rare craving for cheese this particular night was pretty specific. Baked camembert! So instead of having it with some baguette, I decided to make pasta!
BAKED CAMEMBERT PASTA RECIPE
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk rosemary
- Fusili (or any other pasta)
- 1 courgette (ribbon & cubed)
- 1 red capsicum (cubed)
- 6 mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 chilli (optional)
- Sea salt & ground black pepper to taste
To bake camembert:
- Remove the plastic wrapping of the cammebert and place it back into the wooden case.
- Stuff cut pieces of garlic and rosemary into the camembert as pictured above.
- Bake camembert for 10 minutes or until soft.
To cook pasta:
- Boil fresh fusili in salted water with olive oil until al dante. Drain and leave aside.
- On a separate pan, heat some olive oil and saute the onions, garlic and chilli until soft an fragrant.
- Add the cubed courgette and red capsicum into the pan.
- Cook until the vegetables are slightly soft but still have some bite to them.
- Toss in the cooked pasta and soft gooey baked camembert until well mixed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.