Happy Easter everyone!! Finally, I am officially allowed Hot Chocolate cause Lent is over. I was supposed to give up hot chocolate but of course, that was too tough to get by. Though, I have been doing without my usual dose of morning chocolate for the past month so I think I deserve a pat on the back.
To celebrate the end of my agonising pain from lack of hot chocolate, I made chocolate cake since I already had that very naughty hot chocolate with extra cream and marshmallows for breakfast yesterday.
Here is some photographs from The Big Egg Hunt presented by Fabergé for Easter, to raise funds for charities Elephant Family and Action for Children. They have gathered some of the eggs in Covent Garden which I have stumbled upon wandering around the area after a quick stop at Sommerset House to see the Out of Sync installation by Fernando Casasempere. He created a large scale courtyard installation to celebrate the beginning of Spring.
Okay that is enough eggs for now. Lets get baking!!
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE
- 240g dark chocolate
- 125g unsalted butter
- a pinch of salt
- 4 eggs (yolk and white separated)
- 100g golden castor sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a Bain-Marie or in the microwave.
- Remove from heat and add salt. Stir until smooth and let cool.
- In the meantime, beat the egg yolk and sugar until pale.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg white until stiff peak.
- Fold in 1/3 of chocolate mixture into the yolk mixture.
- Then gently fold in 1/3 egg white. Fold in the chocolate mixture and egg white.
- Pour into a well greased 8 inch cake tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool.
- Serve a generous slice. If you feel like a naughtier dessert, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped double cream.
- If you make this ahead and left it to chill in the fridge, warm it up for about 20 seconds in the microwave to achieve the warm and soft centre.