Crushed digestive biscuits in individual pots
On my way home one friday evening, I decided to treat M and myself to some homemade dessert but was only willing to spend a minimal amount of time making it. So I came up with something really quick and easy during my zoned out journey in the tube. What can be easier than a non-baking dessert? The best thing about this dessert, it is very flexible! Swap the ingredients with anything you fancy. Instead of using fresh mango, swap it with orange or strawberry. If you do not like fresh fruits, use any jam you have. If that is not easy enough for you, you can even top it off with Rice Krispies or Coco Pops instead! Like I said, anything you fancy.
MANGO CHOCOLATE CREAM LAYER RECIPE
- 150g digestive biscuit (crushed)
- 150g dark chocolate
- 50ml milk
- 300ml double cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 mango (diced)
- Give the digestive biscuits a quick blitz in the food processor or crush them with your hands.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bain marie. Take it off heat when chocolate is almost entirely melted. Stir gently until smooth. Add in the milk and combine well. Set aside to cool.
- Whip up the double cream with vanilla extract until soft peak and fold in the melted chocolate.
- Place the crushed digestive biscuits into little individual pots, tumbler glasses or ramekins, depending on how you would like to serve them.
- Scoop the chocolate cream mixture into the pots that are filled with crushed digestive.
- Finish off with diced mangos.
- To save time, you can melt the chocolate in the microwave. It is a lot quicker.
- Also instead of using fresh fruits, there is always the option of using jam or marmalade.